10/14/09

My first recommendation: The Compassionate Carnivore

This is a fantastic book. Don't get me wrong...I eat meat and I enjoy it. From a nutrition point of view, I also believe meat is good for you...in the correct portions. (No more 16oz steaks boys and girls..)

It's an easy read...realistic in its approach to implementing changes within your food choices...and it makes you want to eat "happy meat."

Or at least...it did to me. Interesting enough, it wasn't even hard to start sourcing out local, happy meat. Prices can vary; however, if you're willing to put in a little extra effort on your end (i.e. taking the skin off the chicken breast vs. buying boneless skinless) the price point is no different than what I had been buying at big chain grocery stores.

If you're in NS..this is a great site to help you find places near you:
http://www.selectnovascotia.ca/

No comments: